Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

"my lyme disease is not the IDSA lyme disease"

This Facebook movement, "My Lyme Disease is not the IDSA Lyme Disease" is a reaction to the anti-Chronic Lyme disease article that appeared in the Chicago Tribune on Dec. 8, 2010. (Google "Chronic Lyme Disease: A dubious diagnosis" if you want to read the article)

People are encouraged to tell their own Lyme stories either on a blog or on Facebook (use the "Notes" section and change your privacy settings). Post your link on Facebook: Lyme Friends.

This article was so disturbing to me. It also ran in the LA Times and Hartford Courant, which are owned by the same company. I posted comments on-line to all three papers, as well as sending emails to the authors and Trib editor.

I decided to participate in the movement, so I started a blog with my story. Out of respect for my daughter's privacy (which is very important to her these days) my blog is private.

I encourage you to tell your story. You can do it anonymously through a blog or on Facebook.

Marla

No comments:

Post a Comment